Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dinner tonight... Curried Coconut Chicken Over Noodles

I first started making this dish in 1999 but it's been a few years since the last time I attempted it. Happily, it was just as simple to make as I remembered it to be.

Curried Coconut Chicken Over Noodles, a Cooking Light recipe, is comprised of just a few ingredients: garlic, chicken, light coconut milk, thinly sliced onion, boneless chicken breasts, curry powder and fresh basil. I like to add a 4 or 5 oz of sliced mushrooms to it to give the dish a little more oomph. But other than that, it's great as is -- and it smells incredible as it's cooking. I used Somen noodles tonight (Japanese wheat noodles), but Soba or Udon noodles or even plain old vermicelli would work just as well. This recipe serves 2 but is easily doubled if you are cooking for a crowd. Really nice for a crisp fall day.

No comments: