Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lunch today... Quick Chicken Chili

Behold, my go-to chili recipe. I've been making Quick Chicken Chili for years and it literally could not be easier. If you can cut up and saute chicken, and if you know how to use a can opener, you can make this recipe. I generally serve it with shredded cheddar, avocado, fresh limes, sour cream and tortilla chips. Today, all I had on hand was the cheddar, but I mixed things up a little bit by serving it over spaghetti, which (strangely to me) is how Mr. Fritz usually eats chili. I think it's officially called "Chili Mac" when it's served this way, but I could be wrong. Also, I think that's an Ohio thing. Whatever works!


Also, a bit of trivia: in the months leading up to our wedding, we bartered with the debonair Mr. Vogt for dancing lessons. The deal was, Mr. Vogt taught us to dance, and I taught Mr. Vogt to cook. (Mr. Fritz' role? Dancing and eating. Not a bad deal!) This was one of the recipes featured during "Cooking and Dancing with Mr. Vogt and Soon-To-Be-Mrs. Fritz." Enjoy!

No comments: