Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dinner tonight... Asian Chicken Salad

On Tuesday nights, Mr. Fritz co-leads a small group Bible study. As a result, dinner has to be extra quick and extra easy, since I rarely have very much time between when I get home and when he heads out. My go-to solution for such evenings has become an Asian Chicken Salad.


I use the Asian salad mix from Fresh Express, which contains pre-washed greens, sugar snap peas, shredded carrots, dried cherries, sesame orange salad dressing and those crispy wonton strips that will probably kill us due to their fried glory, and I top the salad with strips of chicken breast that I've sprinkled with powdered ginger and sauteed in a little olive oil. The ginger helps the chicken brown nicely and imparts a great flavor. One bag of the salad mix plus half a pound of chicken breasts makes for a great meal for two. Plus, the whole meal can be prepared in about 10 minutes. (Well, 15 minutes for me, since I'm generally turtle-like in all things.) Can't beat it! I usually serve it with hot crusty bread and olive oil for dipping.

No comments: